The level crossing which bisects the southern end of Dale Road is named after Richard Duckett who bought the Wildgrove estate in 1845. He moved into the farmhouse, which lay at the end of the access track, but later built himself a grander property situated on the other side of the track. Both properties can still be seen. In 1854 a railway track was laid by the Leeds Bradford Railway Company, which crossed over his access road. In order to allow access to his farmstead, a level crossing was installed, and is still known as Duckett’s Crossing.
Wildgrove Farm undergoing further refurbishment
Wildgrove House, the grander property built by Richard Duckett
Duckett's Crossing as seen today
Return to the map Part 4 - Woodhall Lake to Cockersdale, click the blue button
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button