Of the two structures shown in the photograph, the lower building, which is the barn probably dates from the late 17th Century. At one time its roof was supported by two rows of great oak pillars, leaving narrow aisles down each side of the interior. During the early 1900's the roof of the barn was replaced by a single span structure and the farmhouse was completely rebuilt.
The barn and the farmhouse serve as the headquarters and Hollybush Conservation Centre for the Leeds section of the Conservation Volunteers (Formerly British Trust for Conservation Volunteers).
The barn and farmhouse of Hollybush Farm
Conservation educational area with wild flower meadow and pond at the back of Hollybush Farm
Return to the map Part 1 - Granary Wharf to Bramley Fall Woods, click the blue button
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button