The warehouse was built shortly after 1770. During the late 19th Century the interior was redesigned with the timber floors being replaced by brick vaults supported on iron columns and beams thereby improving fire safety measures within the building. This Grade II* listed building was renovated in the mid 1990s and now is home to offices and a restaurant.
Leeds Liverpool Canal Warehouse
At the west end of the Leeds Liverpool Canal Warehouse resides a 19th Century cast iron crane, its jib counterbalanced by a huge block of millstone grit
Return to the map Part 1 - Granary Wharf to Bramley Fall Woods, click the blue button
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button