Built by James Harper in 1872, Ravenscliffe Mill specialised in the manufacture of cloth for uniforms. Initially this included scarlet tunics such as those worn by the British army during the Anglo-Zulu conflict, but as the nation entered the Boer War, production changed to khaki, continuing up to 1957, when production ceased due to lack of demand.
Ravenscliffe Mill still standing and serving industry, but in a different capacity to woollen manufacture
Return to the map Part 3 - Apperley Bridge to Woodhall Lake, click the blue button
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button