Ornate brick-built Scotch Foundry Office. Designed by Walter A. Hobson the foundry and associated buildings were built in 1887 for Mathieson, Wilson and Co., general iron founders. The company produced high quality ironware such as stoves, iron baths, umbrella stands, grates, gates, railings and ornate fire places. Certainly in 1890 the company produced and patented a smokeless cooking range for the domestic market.
The stone dated 1888 atop the building refers to the date the company started trading.
Scotch Foundry Office
Return to the map Part 1 - Granary Wharf to Bramley Fall Woods, click the blue button
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button