Private wood surrounding the Woodleigh Hall Nursing Home. The whole area between the river Aire and Rawdon comprises a mosaic of woodlands with fields used for grazing or growing crops. Most of the roads in this area are private and only accessible to the general public by foot or on a bicycle. Due to these restrictions on vehicular access, an alternative route can thus be taken from Calverley Bridge to Apperley Lane which is peaceful and gives southerly views across the Aire valley towards Calverley and Calverley Woods.
Low Mill Chapel was built in 1874 with the money for the construction coming from William Grey (1820-
Wellroyd Wood seen from the south
By Knott Lane just south of Wellroyd Wood can be seen the old Low Mill Chapel
Return to the map Part 2 -
Return to the West Leeds Country Park and Green Gateways home page, click the green button